The Year 8 GirlsBuild Project is now open for 2022-2023.
Join one of our 65 teams to join the GirlsBuild Project Year 8!
Each team selected receives grant funding to implement a community-based project centered around:
- Civic Engagement
- Health & Wellness
- STEAM/Digital Skills
What is Needed to Apply as a New GirlsBuild Team?
- To be a Girls Build team you need at least 6 interested students (the club) and a coordinator (or two).
- A minimum of 6 girls or students that identify as girls
- Each participating team will receive a $1,000 grant to design and implement a solution addressing an important challenge you have identified in your school or community.
- Site Coordinators will receive a $1,200 grant. Teams can have more than one coordinator and split the $1,200 grant.
- As a key component of the project, teams will build a website, create social media accounts, and videos to build a digital footprint of your project.
- We will supply training, tutorials, and resources to make this happen, no prior experience necessary!
For any questions, please contact Yazmin Mendez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for questions or more information.
New GirlsBuild Team Deadline: On a rolling-basis through October 17, 2022
Already a GirlsBuild Team?
Returning teams, we're happy to have your team rejoin us! Continue filling out this Submittable.
In order to participate in GirlsBuild, your team will need access to technology (laptops or desktop computers). The teams will be required to create a website, use social media and upload video throughout the year of the project.